Palace 8 km)
pleasant hill town of Hadeth on the road to Baabda is known
for its historic Chehab Palace dating to at least the early
17th century. It was restored by the Chehab family in
1797, and after much damage, again in 1950 by Emir Farid
Chehab. Similar in spirit to the architecture of
Beiteddine, today this 40-room building serves as the
residence of the Spanish Ambassador to Lebanon.