Beirut Central District
The Directorate General of Antiquites -
Interactive Archeological Map Of Beirut
Crusaders 1110 -
Al Omari Mosque, originally the Crusader Cathedral of St
Built in the 12th century, it was transformed into
the city's Grand Mosque (al-jami' al-kabir) by the Mamluks in 1291. It was one of the
first public buildings in the central district to be restored after the war.